Advantages and disadvantages of step aerobics
Movement is not only life, but also a path to good health, and also to an ideal figure. And to get it all, you need to choose the appropriate sport. If you still can not decide, pay attention to step aerobics.
What it is?
Step aerobics is one of the types of aerobics, which involves the use of special equipment - the so-called step platforms. The main element is a step (hence the name, because "step" is translated from English as a "step").
A bit of history
How did this direction appear? It was created by American classical aerobics instructor Jin Miller. She injured her knee and was forced to suspend her professional activity, but she really wanted to resume it in the very near future. Doctors strongly recommended Gene to develop the injured knee and climb stairs.
The girl carried out the recommendations and was so eager to return to her former form that she did not just climb the stairs, but performed simple exercises on the steps, which then began to complicate.
The results were amazing, and Jin decided to try to include such exercises in training. And in 1989, the first professional platform “Step Reebok” was released. Then Gene, along with another well-known figure in the world of fitness, Kelly Watson developed choreography and created many new elements. Since then, step aerobics has become very popular.
Advantages and disadvantages
To get started, it’s worthwhile to list the benefits of step aerobic exercise:
- It's interesting and dynamic. Indeed, the occupation is literally in one breath, and rhythmic music gives energy and lifts the mood.
- This is useful. Yes, regular and, importantly, proper training can normalize the functioning of such important systems as the respiratory, cardiovascular, nervous and muscular. In addition, the exercises are useful for the musculoskeletal system, as they help restore joint mobility and strengthen them. Surprisingly, regular exercises can help normalize blood pressure and improve the condition of certain diseases.
- Step aerobics allows you to work out almost all the muscles, including the most "difficult", which for most basic exercises are not involved.And it is especially pleasant that it has a positive effect on all especially female parts of the body, such as the buttocks, waist and hips.
- The work of the vestibular apparatus, coordination of movements, concentration of attention, memory are improved. In addition, there is agility, flexibility.
- Step aerobics is very useful for losing weight. Just imagine: for one lesson you can consume about 400-500 calories, which is comparable to a jogging at a fairly high rate. And still trainings will help to make a body more attractive and sexual, and muscles - relief.
- Everyone can be engaged, it is just necessary to pick up an optimum rhythm and the suitable movements.
- It is effective! The first results will be noticeable after two or three weeks of regular training.
- You can practice not only in a group with a coach, but also at home in front of the TV.
Now the disadvantages:
- Although almost everyone can practice, nonetheless, step aerobics involves very intense training and heavy loads.
- There are a number of contraindications.
- Requires special equipment, namely the step-platform. And if you decide to do at home, you will need to buy it,and there is such a device is not cheap.
- Improper exercise can lead to injury. Particularly prone to damage the knee joints.
The list of contraindications include:
- some diseases of the cardiovascular system: arrhythmia, hypertension, coronary heart disease, angina, varicose veins and others;
- trauma and diseases of the spine, especially its lumbar region (it is on him that a great deal of stress is laid;
- severe kidney or liver disease;
- some joint diseases.
- Basic step. First one foot is put on the platform, then the second. Then you should remove your feet from the platform in the same sequence, that is, starting from the first.
- V-step. It is similar to the first, but feet should be placed on the corners of the platform.
- Put your right foot on the platform, then your left. Now remove the left leg, and behind it the right leg.
- Over-step. Stand sideways to the platform and put one foot on it. Put the second leg and at the same time turn forward. Now take your first leg back off the platform. Then remove the second leg.
- Knee up.Put one foot on the corner of the platform, then transfer the weight to it, and lift the other foot, bend at the knee and return to the floor. Remove the first leg from the platform and repeat the exercise, starting with the other leg.
All steps are conventionally divided into two groups: without changing the leading leg (that is, the one with which the step begins) or with changing it.
In the process of training, additional devices can be used, such as dumbbells, as well as expanders for arms or legs.
What is needed for training?
So, what is needed for classes?
- Step platform. The sizes of such platforms can be different. So, the width is usually about 50 centimeters, and the height depends on the level of physical fitness involved and the complexity of the exercises. For a beginner, 15 centimeters would be enough. And professionals can work on platforms with a height of 25-30 centimeters.
- Clothing. It is advisable to choose shorts, as trousers can interfere with movement. Together with them you can wear a T-shirt or a T-shirt. In any case, clothing should be comfortable and made of a fabric that evaporates moisture and permits air.
- Footwear. It should provide support for the foot, so choose sneakers with good cushioning and a rather thick sole.
How to do?
The basic rules of successful and productive classes:
- Choose the most convenient way to train. So, if support is important to you, then you should choose group classes. But in a group you should feel comfortable. If you are a shy nature, then in this case it is better to train at home. But by all means find an instructional video, so doing the exercises will be much easier. It is advisable to choose the lessons in which each element is commented and described in detail.
- If you are a beginner, then choose the simplest elements suitable for beginners. Then go on to more difficult, but in any case, increase the load gradually to avoid injury.
- Do not do it often. The best option is two or three workouts per week.
- During the class, do not forget to drink.
- The duration of one workout should be about 50-60 minutes. But you should start with 15-20.
- Follow the correct execution of the exercises. The back should always be straight, and on the platform at each step the entire stop should be completely, and not a separate part of it. Correct any mistakes immediately, because they can cause injuries.
Effective workouts to you!
How to verify the authenticity of Windows 7
Irina Sheik boasted an excellent figure. 3 months after delivery
Why dream cheek
Gop-stop, or the realities of the Russian 90'
How to store a fur coat