Bigus is a dish that is worth trying
There are many dishes that you can not even guess! And some of them are known for a long time. And, as you know, everything new is well forgotten old. If you want to try something unusual, cook bigus.
What is this dish?
Bigus or Bigos is the traditional second course of Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Belarusian, Russian, Polish cuisines. It is believed that the homeland is Poland, but if you believe one of the legends, then this country brought him King Vladislav Jagiello, who often ate such a hearty snack on the hunt.
The main ingredients of bigus are meat and cabbage, and most often it is used sour, but it is completely allowed and fresh. In the traditional version, the dish was prepared from pork or game, but later the cook and hostess began to introduce other ingredients, such as bacon grease (subclavine), sausages and various smoked products. And to diversify the taste of bigus, you can add to it tomatoes, prunes, mushrooms, a variety of spices, red wine.To make the dish full, you can use rice, potatoes.
As for the technology of preparation, usually the components are processed separately: as a rule, the meat is fried and the cabbage is stewed. Then they are connected and are subjected to prolonged quenching together. As a result, the bigus turns out to be very juicy and acquires the aroma of meat with a barely perceptible pleasant sourness.
How to cook a bigus dish? There are a lot of recipes, and a few will be discussed below.
To get started is to try to cook a classic bigus. Required:
- 500-700 g of pork (part can be replaced by beef);
- about 0.5 kilograms of sauerkraut;
- rather large onion;
- two carrots;
- pepper, salt.
- Take a sauerkraut. It should be put in a pan, pour water so that it almost completely covers the product. Put the container on a low fire, simmer for about fifteen or twenty minutes.
- Carrots are washed and cut into strips or chilled. Onion after cleaning, chop or cut into thin semirings. Wash the meat thoroughly and cut it into cubes.
- In another large frying pan, warm the oil well, fry it with carrots and onions first, so that the latter becomes transparent and soft. Next, add the meat, fry everything together for about ten minutes.
- Then add to the meat with carrots and onion cabbage. Stir all the ingredients, cover the frying pan and cook the dish for forty to fifty minutes.
- Add pepper and salt, mix again and simmer for about ten minutes.
- Dish can be served.
You can cook the same delicious bigus with fresh cabbage. Here is what you need for this:
- a small head of cabbage;
- about 500 g of beef or not very fatty pork;
- about 200 g smoked sausage, bacon or bacon;
- one carrot;
- a couple of tablespoons of tomato paste;
- three cloves of garlic;
- spices, pepper and salt.
- Cabbage chop, lightly fry, then simmer under the lid for at least fifteen minutes. It should soften.
- Onion and carrots clean and grind (for example, carrots can be grated, and onion - cut into thin half rings). Cut the meat and smoked sausage into small pieces.
- In the other pan, heat the meat, fry the onions and carrots on it in just three minutes. Next, add the meat, fry it for five minutes, and then enter the sausage.
- Mix cabbage with roasted meat, sausage, carrots and onions. Add a little water to make the dish more succulent.
- Simmer all ingredients for half an hour, then add garlic, salt, spices, and pepper that has been leaked through the press.
- After ten minutes, remove the frying pan from the fire.
To make bigus more nourishing, cook it with rice. You will need:
- 1.5 cups sauerkraut;
- 500-600 grams of pork or other meat (beef or even chicken will do);
- half a cup of rice;
- a third cup of vegetable oil;
- one bay leaf;
- garlic clove;
- spices and salt at your discretion.
- Meat cut not small portioned pieces, fry it in a frying pan until a barely noticeable crust appears (this takes about ten minutes, but the fire should be weak or medium).
- Peel and chop the onion, grate the carrot. Fry the vegetables in a separate pan so that they become soft and light golden.
- Now combine the meat with carrots and onions, fry a little. Then rinse the rice thoroughly, put it into the pan and fry it with the other components for about five minutes so that it absorbs the oil and soften it a little.
- Then take sauerkraut. It is not necessary to squeeze it strongly from the brine, the liquid will absorb rice. Add this ingredient to the rest.
- Simmer the dish on low heat for ten minutes, then add bay leaf, spices and salt, as well as garlic, peeled and minced in any way.
- Cook Bigus for another five minutes under the lid, then turn off the heat and let the dish stand for a while.
Quick and easy option - bigus with potatoes and sausages. To make it you will need:
- five or six potatoes;
- 8-10 sausages;
- onion head;
- one carrot;
- 350 grams of sauerkraut;
- several teeth of garlic;
- sunflower oil;
- ground pepper, salt.
- Peel the onion, chop it. Carrots after washing thoroughly rub. Peel and cut potatoes, for example, into strips.
- In a deep frying pan, warm the oil, fry crushed carrots, onions and potatoes on it. They should get a light blush.
- Add water in a small amount and simmer the ingredients for about ten minutes.
- Next, enter the sauerkraut in the pan. Put it all together for ten minutes.
- It's the sausages turn. Cut them into slices, add to the dish.
- Peel and rub the garlic, finely chop or chop in the press.
- Stew all ingredients under the lid for five minutes, then add garlic, pepper and salt.
- After another five minutes, the pan can be removed from heat. Give the bigus a little insisting and serve it to the table.
Modern housewives will be able to easily prepare Bigus in a multivariate. These ingredients will be needed:
- a glass of sauerkraut;
- about 200 g of fresh cabbage;
- 400 grams of any meat;
- one onion;
- three tablespoons of tomato paste;
- 200 g of champignons;
- spices with salt.
- First you can prepare all the components. Onion after cleaning, chop, carrot after washing, grate. Cut meat into cubes, chop fresh cabbage into thin straws. Mushrooms can be cut into plates or cubes.
- Turn on the slow cooker, pour in the vegetable oil, select the frying mode and fry the onions with carrots for two minutes.Then add the meat, and after two minutes fresh cabbage with mushrooms.
- Next, select the "Quenching" program and extinguish the ingredients for twenty minutes.
- Add sauerkraut with tomato paste, simmer the bigus for another five minutes.
- Then enter the spices with salt, cook the dish in the same mode for another five minutes, and then turn off the device.
- Having chosen a favorite recipe, you can change it a little by entering your favorite ingredients, for example, prunes, sour berries, any spices and so on.
- Be sure to allow the bigus to brew after cooking.
- The dish is served hot.
- You can cook lean bigus without adding meat, it will be no less tasty.
Is it possible to develop a psychic ability
Basic rules for deworming
Pros and cons of living in a big city
Features of the Neva Masquerade Cat Cultivation
Beads, string A stunning decoration in one evening is ready Master class
How to clean the iron from the burnt fabric