Cold porcelain do it yourself
Cold porcelain is a harmonious mixture of certain ingredients, forming a soft, plastic mass, ideally suited for different types of manual work. From this material, you can make anything you like: from chic, realistic colors to a cute statuette. Today it is the most convenient, cheap, practical and harmless composition for molding. With a smooth, uniform texture, it is perfect for creating miniature details.
Of course, you can buy such a popular and practical mass for modeling in any store for needlework. But much more fun you get by making a mixture for cold porcelain with your own hands. After all, this is not just an excellent way to spend leisure time, but also a great opportunity to create the necessary, optimal color.
The process of making cold porcelain is much easier than it seems at first glance. After reviewing the list of necessary components and step-by-step instructions, you can create a product no worse than a factory one in just one hour.
Recipe for cold porcelain
After a thorough search you can find several recipes for cold porcelain. Some of them are more popular, others have appeared quite recently. We bring to your attention the fastest and budget option. So, for the elastic and homogeneous mass, you will need the following ingredients:
- glue - 1 st
- glycerin - 1 tbsp. l.
- starch - 1 st
- nourishing cream - 1 tbsp. l.
- citric acid - 1 pinch
Now more about the components. After all, the quality of the final product will depend on their choice:
- Glue. The best option is super PVA (used for carpentry work). The more plasticizer is contained in the composition, the more elastic the cold porcelain will be. This is a fairly popular glue, so finding it in the nearest building materials store will have no difficulty.
- Starch. In this case, it is customary to use corn starch. But if such a “luxury” does not appear in your locality, there is no need to go on a long journey. An excellent alternative to it will be potato, more popular and familiar.
- Cream. Preference is better to give a simple baby cream, as it is quite fat. And in our case, the fatter the better.
- Glycerol. It can be purchased at any pharmacy.Only 8 rubles and a bottle of liquid in your hands.
- Lemon acid. It is generally believed that it is necessary for the performance of the preservative function.
Surely every housewife has a similar ingredient in the kitchen arsenal.
As you can see, the selection of components is absolutely painless for both your wallet and nerves. On average, the purchase of all necessary reaches about 150 rubles. But from the amount received, you can blind not only one scarlet flower, but a lot of stuff.
Cold porcelain production in steps
After reviewing the ingredients, you are sure that you will not have to create a bicycle. All ingenious is much easier than it seems. Quickly after a few simple steps, you can create the most unusual and beautiful crafts.
- Pre-prepared ingredients (except for starch) are poured into a deep glass container and set up for cooking in a water bath. It is necessary to stir the mixture all the time. If bubbles begin to form over time, do not be alarmed, this is the usual reaction of citric acid.
- As the mass is heated, add starch portions.Do not forget to mix the mixture in time.
- Then the cold porcelain will begin to thicken and stick off from the sides of the bowl (saucepan). A product can be considered ready only when the mixture forms a continuous lump and stops sticking to the container walls.
- Cover the table with oilcloth and grease thoroughly with cream. Put on the surface of the formed lump and knead until the porcelain does not cease to stick to your hands and will find a uniform, elastic structure, resembling a dense clay.
- Ready cold porcelain roll into a ball and roll tightly into a bag or film. In essence, the creation process is complete. It remains only to clarify a couple of important details.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before kneading. Porcelain is extremely susceptible to absorbing all sorts of dirt, so the surface and hands must be perfectly clean.
- Have a handful of clean napkins on hand. During the process, they can be useful at any time, and distracted by their search is not reasonable. After all, hands must be clean all the time.
If not all moments are clear, or some stages seemed complicated, view the video and photo on this page.A good example will help bypass all common mistakes.
We paint with our own hands cold porcelain
In order to create delicious products, you need to give cold porcelain a beautiful, bright color. Most often, gouache, dry pastels, oil and acrylic paints, pigments, food dyes, old unwanted cosmetics, etc. are used as dyes.
Coloring of the mass occurs in just four short steps:
- We tear off a small fragment from the ball and make a deepening in it
- pouring a few drops of dye into the hole
- we knead a piece of porcelain until it has a uniform color
- If you want to achieve a brighter color, we repeat the process anew several times.
Alternatively, you can paint the already finished flowers. But not earlier than they are completely dry. Otherwise, the paint will not go evenly, and the parts may be damaged.
Important! It is better to dilute food dyes with glycerol before use, so the color will be more saturated and uniform. Our page provides an excellent example of coloring the finished flower. The video is rather curious, we recommend viewing it.
A postcard with a touch of country style in earth tones
Hyperthyroidism - Symptoms and Signs
Why throw children
Mulled wine - chic drink by own hands
Mesoroller - a device that brings youth back to life
Advantages and disadvantages of panoramic windows
Bead weaving for beginners with video
How to Make Chocolate from Cocoa Powder at Home