Cooking the right squash caviar
Squash caviar is known to all of us since childhood. This delicate taste, pleasant aroma ... It is rather difficult to find one in the store today. But go to the store and do not need! Make a delicious caviar right at home, it's easy.
A bit of history
Although some people believe such caviar is “overseas”, in fact, the history of this dish goes back to Russia, it was developed by Russian cooks. For the first time such a dish was released back in 1930. Caviar immediately fell in love with many, but the happiness was short-lived.
After three years in Dnepropetrovsk, more than 200 people became ill with butylism. And it was the very popular squash caviar that was blamed for this outbreak of a dangerous infection. Since then, the release of this dish stopped, but after decades about him still remembered. But quality control has been revised and tightened. And since then caviar has become an integral part of the diet of the people.
Is it helpful?
All nutritionists say that squash caviar is very, very useful. Here are some of its properties:
- This is a dietary product, because for 100 grams there are only 80-90 calories.
- Such a dish with regular use will gradually reduce the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood.
- Caviar is good for digestion due to the dietary fiber contained there.
- Squashes have a mild diuretic effect, due to which the water-salt balance in the body is normalized.
- It is useful for the kidneys, liver and gallbladder.
- Squash caviar is indicated for some diseases of the digestive system.
- Potassium, which is part of, helps strengthen the heart muscle.
- The dish is also useful for vessels.
- This is a good way to prevent iron deficiency anemia.
- The dish is allowed for diabetes and even very useful for this disease.
What zucchini are suitable for cooking caviar?
It is clear that caviar is prepared from zucchini, it is these vegetables that are the most important ingredient. And what kind of zucchini to choose to the consistency of the finished dish was gentle and uniform?
It is better to choose young vegetables, they are softer and juicy. Although mature zucchini are also suitable, but they need to be treated in a special way,as rough and tough seeds and hard skins spoil the taste.
This item is very important, as the taste of caviar will directly depend on the chosen dish. Ideal - cast iron pan or stainless steel pan. Enamelware is better not to use, nothing good will come of it. And it is also very important that the bottom be thick enough.
The fact is that in the process of cooking the vegetables are stewed for a long time practically without water, so if the bottom is too thin, everything will just burn, which will spoil the taste of the finished dish.
The main stages of cooking
So, in the preparation of caviar from zucchini there is absolutely nothing complicated. Here are the main steps:
- First of all, the ingredients need to be prepared. Zucchini need to be cut in any convenient way. If they are not young, then certainly remove the seeds, as well as skins, so that all this does not spoil the taste. If you add other ingredients, then clean them. Thin skins can not be removed, but the rough is better to eliminate. All vegetables are cut.
- Then the chopped vegetables are fried. It is this method of processing that presupposes a traditional recipe, but if desired, everything can be boiled, although the taste, of course, will be somewhat different.
- Then the ingredients are boiled down.This means that all excess moisture must be removed, which is achieved by evaporation of the liquid in the process of extinguishing.
- And the last stage is grinding. For these purposes, you can use a meat grinder, as they did before, or a blender. But meat grinder is preferable, it allows to achieve uniformity and gentle consistency (especially if you pass vegetables through it a couple of times).
As for the ingredients, it all depends on your personal taste preferences. The simplest option includes only zucchini, but usually add some other vegetables, which give the dish a special aroma and taste.
For example, often consists of tomatoes, which make the eggs more juicy. Want piquancy? Add eggplants. Garlic will add spice. You can also use mayonnaise. And, of course, do not forget about seasonings and spices, they will be the highlight of the dish.
How to cook squash caviar delicious? We offer you a traditional caviar recipe, which is used by many housewives, as well as food factories, which produce the dish in large quantities.
Here are the ingredients you need:
- 3 kg of zucchini;
- 1 kg of carrots;
- 4-5 bulbs (about 500 grams);
- 150-200 grams of tomato paste;
- vegetable oil (for frying);
- 1 tablespoon of salt (vary to taste);
- parsley and spices to your liking.
- So, the first thing to do is zucchini. Peel them, remove the seeds (if needed), cut into cubes.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Wash carrots, peel and rub on a large grater so that it gets ready faster (cubes roast much longer).
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan, then lay out all the vegetables at once. It is better to make the fire minimal so that nothing burns, and in the roe the obvious taste of roast is not felt.
- After about 5 minutes, add the flour, and in a few more minutes the tomato paste. Periodically stir everything. When vegetables change color and become soft, turn off the fire.
- Now roast the vegetables through a meat grinder and put them in the pan, put it on a slow fire and simmer everything until the moisture evaporates, and the caviar does not acquire the desired consistency. This can take about 1.5-2 hours.
- At the end add finely chopped greens, salt and seasonings.
- Done, you can eat or roll up the snack on the banks.
And now some secrets of cooking tasty and healthy caviar:
- If you want your caviar to be even more tender, then you can use a little trick. Crush zucchini not in the finished form, but raw, and only then evaporate them. And after boiling, grind all the ingredients again. Then the caviar will be very tasty. But you can grind and a knife, because some people like to feel the taste of vegetables.
- If you want to cook a diet dish, do not fry the ingredients, but boil them. And zucchini can be baked in the oven. So they will be soft, but they will not lose their taste, as during cooking.
- It is extremely important to relieve zucchini from moisture. This is what allows long-term extinguishing. But this method requires a lot of time, as well as increased attention (you can just forget about the pan, and the dish will be spoiled). To speed up the cooking, cut the raw zucchini and add salt, leaving it for half an hour. Vegetables will give juice, which will just need to be drained. Excess wring manually. And after such manipulations, you can proceed directly to cooking. It will take much less time to boil.
Please your relatives and friends with the most delicious home-made caviar caviar!
You can fit everything you need even in the smallest kitchen
Taylor Swift will go on a world tour with a new boyfriend
Knitting on a fork - we create air products from yarn
How to choose a wardrobe
How to make chacha - step by step recipes with video
How to make a carnation from paper with your own hands