How can burdock be used?
There are many healing plants. And some of them grow literally under our feet. For example, burdock is considered by many to be a weed, but in vain, because this plant has some interesting and even unique properties. It is important only to find out how to properly use burdock.
What is this plant?
Burdock is a plant of the Astrov family, which has always been considered a weed. Burdock looks like a small bush with wide leaves and lilac flowers surrounded by thorns. Sometimes burdock bushes reach a height of 1.5-2 meters. Such a plant is found almost everywhere in the temperate latitudes of Asia and Europe. It grows more often at the roadsides, in vegetable gardens, in parks and squares, in forest glades.
By the way, in Western Europe, a burdock appeared back in 1815, and it was brought by Russian soldiers who fought with Napoleon.
And since then, people began to show interest in this strange plant. It was used for cooking, for cosmetic and medical purposes. It is noteworthy that all parts of the bush go into action: roots, leaves, petioles and even flowers.Here is a useful plant.
The composition of burdock is unique, because there is a lot of everything useful: fiber, flavonoids, alkaloids, fatty acids, essential oils, organic acids, inulin, carbohydrates (by the way, they are easily absorbed), tannins.
There are also various vitamins: C, E, A, K, PP, B9, B6, B2. There are a lot of mineral substances: zinc, calcium, selenium, iron, copper, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium.
What is burdock useful for?
Let's list the medicinal properties of the burdock root and its other parts:
- Inulin is a substance that, when used regularly, is able to normalize the intestinal microflora in a short time and thereby improve digestion. And the normal microflora is strong immunity. But most of the beneficial bacteria that protect the body from attacks of pathogenic microorganisms, lives in the intestine.
- The leaves of the plant can be used as a fairly powerful antioxidant - Such substances are used to combat the detrimental effect on the cells of free radicals, leading to premature aging and the development of cancer.
- Traditional medicine has long used burdock for treatmentdiabetes because the substances contained in this plant help to control blood sugar levels.
- This is a very effective choleretic agent.
- There is also a diuretic effect, which makes it possible to get rid of swelling and remove excess fluid.
- This plant perfectly cleanses the liver and improves the function of this organ.
- Antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of burdock make it possible to use it for the treatment of skin diseases and various infections, to eliminate inflammation, as well as to heal wounds and ulcers.
- For a long time, burdock leaves have been used to reduce body temperature.
- The plant helps to relieve pain, for example, if it is applied to the forehead with a headache or to the back with radiculitis. Burdock also helps with rheumatism, joint and muscle pain.
- For inflammation of the mouth, throat and upper respiratory tract, this plant can also be used.
- Burdock is effective in gastritis and stomach ulcers.
- The plant is also used for cosmetic purposes, for example, to strengthen hair.
Can burdock harm health?
Burdock has some contraindications:
- Lactation period.
- In liver diseases do not abuse and use burdock root inside constantly (in this organ will be deposited glycogen).
- Individual intolerance.
Side effects are also possible. For example, when ingestion can occur digestive disorders: pain, flatulence, diarrhea. With external application, allergic reactions are possible.
If you want to eat burdock, then take care of its quality. So, burdock, growing near the road, is unlikely to be useful and environmentally friendly.
What burdock to use?
The best option is to use a burdock, which you have torn off in your own vegetable garden, or at least in a place away from the highway, roads, and plants.
Older plants are not suitable for human consumption, for these purposes it is better to choose young shoots. But for medical purposes and in cosmetic can use burdock middle-aged. An old plant will hardly be useful.
How to use?
How to apply burdock? There are several options, each of which should be considered in more detail.
Use young leaves for soups, salads, cabbage rolls and many other dishes.Roots can be grated and used instead of radish. And some of the roots cook jam. In general, show imagination and create culinary masterpieces.
We offer several folk recipes:
- The use of juice has long been known, it is effective in diseases of the digestive organs. For its preparation, you need to chop the stalks and leaves finely and squeeze them through gauze. Root grate on the grater and squeeze too. In day it is necessary to use 50 milliliters. Since the taste of the drink is not the most pleasant, it is best to mix it with other vegetable juices. Use this remedy before eating.
- For cuts, abrasions, purulent inflammations, finely chop or simply pick up the leaves of burdock and apply the resulting gruel to the affected area for an hour or two, wrapping it with a bandage or gauze.
- A decoction from the root of burdock is useful. To cook it, take 20-30 grams of root, cut it and fill it with a glass of water. Move everything to the pan, bring to a boil and simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Take the broth to the daily tablespoon after meals for a month. The tool is effective for colds, rheumatism, osteochondrosis and gallstone disease.
- Effective extracts from this plant. To prepare such an infusion, take 50 grams of burdock root and the same number of leaves. Finely chop everything and pour 500 ml of boiling water over it, leave it to warm for 2-3 hours and then strain it. This tool helps to reduce the temperature and is effective with radiculitis (in this case, make compresses and lotions), and also allows you to eliminate the effects of poisoning.
Burdock is useful for hair and face. We offer several recipes:
- If you rub the juice of burdock (his recipe is described above) in the scalp, you can strengthen the hair and stimulate their growth.
- If the skin of the face is excessively oily, an infusion will help (read the recipe above). Moisten cotton pads (or flaps of cloth) in liquid, apply to problem areas for half an hour, then wash with mineral water.
- If there are acne on the face, then a burdock leaf mask will help. Take the leaves and remember them lightly, then put them on the problem areas for an hour, then remove the remainders with a cotton swab.
- A decoction of the leaves and roots of burdock will make the hair less greasy. Just use such a rinse two or three times a week, and you will notice changes.
Start using burdock, and you will see how your life will change. All the beauty of health!
Blow job. Art blowjob
Why do not you like to go in for sports and what to do about it
Beautiful crafts made of beads for the New Year do it yourself
Love, romance, passion
Hole - a festival worth visiting for everyone