How can I make a delicious oatmeal for Christmas?
Many housewives often have a question on the eve of Christmas about how to cook kutya properly. Everyone knows that this dish must be on the table. But few know how to diversify traditional kutia.
Kutia is a religious dish, it can not be cooked for breakfast and lunch on ordinary days. It is allowed to cook and eat only before the great Christian holidays, such as Christmas and Epiphany. Also Kutya must be present at the memorial table.
Among the traditional variants of the sockwatch, the main ones stand out: the water kutia is being prepared for baptism, the “poor” - for the Christmas holidays, for the New Year - the “rich” kutia.
Christmas Cooking Recipes
Kutyu, which Orthodox people prepare before Christmas, is customary to wear a godfather. But, in fact, it’s common for us to have all close relatives try kutyu. Naturally, the treats should definitely be thanked.They will gladly accept sweet treats, fruit and money.
Christmas Kutya should be tasty and generous, it will contribute to the fact that everyone who has eaten it, will have a year's wealth and health.
It should not be dry, it must be generously flavored with honey, poppy and other natural gifts. It is advisable to cook it from natural, natural ingredients. Gourmet Oriental or European spices are not suitable for this dish.
According to an old recipe
Our grandmothers and great-grandmothers tenderly treated the preparation of a sockworm. If you want to please your ancestors and ask them for protection for the next year, we advise you to cook kutya on their prescription.
- Wheat not cleared - 500gr.
- Water - 1.5 liters.
- Poppy - 200gr.
- Honey - 2 tbsp.
- Walnuts - one handful.
- First we need to clean the wheat grain. It is not so easy to do this, but if you really want to feel yourself in the place of your ancestors, then you have to work hard.
- We take a mortar, a pestle of wood and the wheat itself. In a mortar put a handful of grain, and as it should, rub it. To facilitate the removal of the husk, pour warm water into the mortar.
- After this, it is necessary to rinse the wheat two or three times.
- Fill the rump with water and cook until ready.
- Take a tighter mortar and grind poppy in it. You should stand out from the poppy milk.
- Add all the honey to Maca and combine with porridge.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts. If kutya came out not very sweet, add more honey. Bon Appetit!
- Wheat - 2-2.5 st.
- Mac - 250g.
- Honey - 1-2 tbsp.
- Cherry jam - 4l.
- Nuts - 200g.
- Raisin - 100g.
- Soaked wheat grains soaked for 12 hours in cold water.
- After this time, once again we wash the cereal and put it in pots.
- Fill with boiling water. The water should be 3 cm more than the cereals.
- Oven is heated to a temperature of 160-180 g. Put the pots in the oven.
- After re-boiling water, it is necessary to reduce the temperature in the oven to 120 degrees. Prepare the porridge will be about 3 hours.
- Cooking for this time, sweet stuffing. Poppy and raisins steamed, mix them with honey. Nuts are ground in a blender.
- We take out the pots and put honey and poppy stuffing in them and send them for 20 minutes. back to the oven. Our dish is ready!
From rice and dried apricots
- Round rice - 2 tbsp.
- Poppy - 0,5st.
- Almond - 0.5 tbsp.
- Dried apricots - 1 tbsp.
- Candied - 100g.
- Honey - a couple of spoons
Preparation of kutja from rice and dried apricots:
- Wash rice three times. Pour into a saucepan and pour cold water. After boiling boil the cereal for 3-7 minutes.
- After that, turn off the gas and leave the rice on the stove for another 15 minutes to make it reach.
- Almonds and dried apricots cut, poppy pour boiling water.
- Add to the rice candied apricots, honey, nuts and poppy seeds. Mix, lay out in a beautiful plate and serve native people.
For kuty, you can take any cereal. If you do not tolerate wheat porridge do not torture yourself, just cook it from rice or barley. Buckwheat is not suitable for this dish.
Sweet stuffing does not need long-term heat treatment: it is not necessary to cook and fry it.
For this dish you can make honey syrup or poppy milk.
Each ingredient has its own meaning. Krupa is a symbol of life and longevity, honey is carelessness and pleasure, poppy is a prosperity, nuts symbolize fertility, dried apricots are beauty, raisins are male power.
Cooking kutia is necessary in the mood, it should be served in the most beautiful pot in the house.
No holiday is complete without preparation.Cooking traditional dishes for Christmas allows you to create a special, exciting state of bringing something bright and beautiful. Celebrate Christmas with a clear conscience and heart!
What to give a guy for his birthday
Decorate the candle with beads
What is useful for us calendula
Shelf for the bathroom - what is needed and how to choose
Pizza in a pan in 10 minutes