How is the hair transplant procedure on the head?
If the hair falls out, do not put up with it and despair. Hair transplantation will help to return the old hair and again make the hair attractive. There are several different transplant techniques. Which one to choose? And how, in general, is the procedure of transplantation carried out?
In what cases may be required?
The main indications for hair transplantation:
- Androgenetic alopecia. This is a hereditary disease that occurs in many men and is associated with the negative effect of the hormone testosterone on hair growth, or rather on the work of hair follicles.
- Cicatricial alopecia. It is most often the result of injuries to the scalp or certain diseases.
- The hairline on the head is too high, or the temporal location of the lack of hair is deep.
- Not enough hair in the eyebrows, eyelashes, beards for men or in the intimate area.
In what cases is the procedure contraindicated?
Contraindications to hair transplantation:
- Some diseases of the scalp, especially during the period of exacerbation (for example, psoriasis, eczema, seborrhea).
- Diseases involving coagulation disorders, such as hemophilia.
- Some mental illness (especially those that are accompanied by the emergence of obsessive ideas, the desire to tear your hair out or the wrong perception of your own body).
- The age is younger than 15-20 and older than 60-70 years. The lower boundaries are explained by the fact that in the period of active growth and puberty it is impossible to determine the extent of baldness. In the elderly, hair also falls out actively, and the period of engraftment of tissues increases.
Preparing for transplant
Before proceeding with the procedure itself, the specialist will assess the degree of baldness, as well as identify areas for the collection of donor material. Such material is taken from the patient himself, most often from areas of the head with sufficient hairline (neck, temporal and zaushny parts), but hair from the body can also be used.
In addition, at the stage of preparation, the doctor will identify possible complications and contraindications. In addition, a suitable method will be selected.
How is it done?
How do hair transplants on the head? Today there are different methods, each of them is worth to tell more.
This method is called patchwork. He is considered one of the first and at the same time the most traumatic. Its essence lies in the fact that a patch of skin with hairs is taken from the occipital part of the patient, which is then used for transplantation.
The procedure is carried out in several stages:
- First, the material will be taken. This procedure is performed under local anesthesia using a scalpel. The width of the strip is usually about 1.5 centimeters, and length - from 10 to 20 centimeters. A cosmetic seam is applied to the wound.
- Next, the strip is divided into separate sections - grafts. Each of them contains several hair follicles (3-6 on average).
- Next is the preparation of the transplant zone. With the help of a scalpel or a special tool, channels are formed into which grafts will be placed.
- The last and most important stage is the direct transplantation of grafts into the prepared canals. This is a jewelry work, the quality of which depends on the professionalism of the doctor.
The main advantage of this method is the possibility of transplantation of a large number of follicles with practically no damage to the hairline.
- The presence of a seam. Although it will be cosmetic, but still noticeable.
- Low density of the formed hairline.
- Increased invasiveness and, as a result, a longer and more difficult period of rehabilitation.
- Such a procedure can not be performed to one patient for more than three times in a lifetime.
This method is less traumatic and less invasive, and also more effective than patchwork. The collection of donor material and its placement in the receiving zone is carried out with special tools - panchas.
The main stages of the procedure:
- First, material is taken from the donor zone with the help of special punches (pancakes). Areas of skin with hairs from 0.5 to 5 millimeters in diameter are used.
- Then the seized areas are cut into smaller ones - grafts (each of them contains several hair follicles).
- The next stage is the preparation of the receiving area. Cuts or punctures are usually made.
- Then a transfer is made.It is carried out with a scalpel, needle or a special device.
The main advantage of such a procedure is that it is lower in trauma than the FUT method.
- Limited density.
- Pretty significant loss of hair in the process of seizure.
- Impossibility of re-operation.
- The presence of scars. Although they are small, but their number is quite large, which is not very aesthetically pleasing, especially before the regrowth of primed hair.
- The angle of hair growth can be unnatural.
This method is considered one of the most advanced and perhaps the best. All manipulations are carried out by a specialist manually, so that subject to his high professionalism, the results can be amazing.
In addition, it is the follicles that are transplanted, or rather microfollicular associations consisting of 1-3 follicles, which not only increases the efficiency of the method, but also eliminates many troubles and problems.
The main stages of transplantation:
- The collection of follicular associations is performed using a special needle implant.
- Transplantation is carried out by the same instrument that is used for removal.The follicles are placed under the skin at a certain depth and at a certain angle. No punctures or cuts are required.
All manipulations are performed under local anesthesia.
Advantages of this method:
- Minimal intervention, low invasiveness.
- Only healthy follicles are selected, which increases efficiency.
- The possibility of achieving a natural and fairly high density.
- No scarring.
- Short rehabilitation period.
- Natural angle of hair growth.
- Maximum survival rate.
- The possibility of re-operations.
Which method to choose?
The choice of the method is carried out by a specialist taking into account the patient's characteristics, such as the type of alopecia, area of alopecia, degree of alopecia, the presence of diseases, condition of hair and so on.
The duration and complexity of the rehabilitation period depends on the chosen method, the number of transplanted hair and the characteristics of the patient. Painful sensations after a patchwork can last up to 1-2 months, with other methods they disappear after one or two weeks.
After transplantation using the FUE and FUT methods, edema can be observed, which usually takes several weeks.As a rule, hospitalization is not required, but for the first few days the patient will have to wear a bandage (if incisions and punctures were made).
It can take several months for the engraftment of the hair. A result can be assessed a year after the procedure.
Where to turn?
Where do hair transplants? In special clinics. It is important to find not only a proven clinic with an impeccable reputation, but also an experienced and professional specialist.
How much does hair transplant cost? The price will depend on the method. So, transplanting one graft by the FUE method will cost an average of 100-200 rubles. Graft graft transplantation metom costs from 80 to 140 rubles. HFE transplantation can cost 150-300 rubles per graft.
Let your hair be beautiful and thick!
Stained Glass Candlestick
How to Make a Charlotte Recipe from SUNMAG
Check shirt - the most fashionable women's shirt
Unpleasant smell in an intimate place
7 best tanning activators
Pickled mushrooms in the winter - how to pickle mushrooms, recipes
20 things we use every day wrong