How to clean the iron from the burnt fabric
The choice of means for cleaning the iron depends on the material from which the sole is made. At home, all the coatings can be cleaned of burnt fabric. However, the use of popular advice should be carefully and carefully, so as not to have to run to the store for a new electrical appliance.
Teflon, ceramic or stainless steel coatings cannot be cleaned with a knife, sandpaper and abrasives. Any, even the smallest scratches, will cause a stronger sticking of the fabric and finally ruin the iron. Salt is also not recommended for treating soles. With constant use, it will damage even the steel surface.
The best folk remedies for cleaning carbon
For each type of coating effectively defined means. The most suitable methods for cleaning burnt cloth are shown in the table below.Cleaning methodIron coating
With a paraffin candle and cotton cloth, you can clean the iron at home. This method will help and remove scratches.
Instruction:wrap the candle in a cloth and rub on the hot sole until the melted paraffin wipes away the burnt cloth. Apply the method carefully, as a hot mass can burn your hands and get into the holes in the sole.
If the paraffin wax inwards, you can remove it by ironing a white sheet or unnecessary fabric in the “steam” mode.
Toothpaste and Soda
Toothpaste will clean virtually any surface of soot, as well as the sole of the shoe. Note that the abrasive substances contained in the composition damage the sole under constant use.
Instruction:on the heated iron to put a tooth-paste and to rub a brush. Rinse and wipe dry with a rag. The holes are cleaned with cotton buds.
Another effective method that is used with caution is soda.
Instruction: apply a mixture of soda and water on the cooled surface. After 20 minutes, gently clean with a soft cloth.
Toothpaste and soda will remove even the old snuff and adherent fibers. However, it will inevitably lead to scratches and microcracks. Apply them only as a last resort, if other homemade recipes did not help get rid of the problem.
Use vinegar only in a well-ventilated room with open windows, because harmful fumes can cause discomfort and poisoning.
- Mix water and vinegar in a 1: 1 ratio. Moisten a soft cloth in the solution and wipe the heated iron. Warm enough to keep your hands from burning.
- For a ceramic surface, pour a few drops of hydrogen peroxide into the liquid. This will return shine to the material and whiten.
- A mixture based on vinegar with lemon juice and ammonia will not leave a trace of burn. Wipe the surface of the iron with a cloth or cotton pad in the solution.
Do not forget about the holes in the sole, which are easily cleaned with cotton buds. At home, instead of cotton buds, toothpicks dipped in vinegar are used.
Hydrogen peroxide solution will cope with minor impurities. A cotton pad or cotton ball dipped in solution will clean the surface.For more resistant carbon deposits suitable peroxide in solid form - hydroponic.
Instruction:rub the surface of the iron with a hydroperite tablet. After cooling the material, remove the residue with a damp cloth and wipe dry.
Hydroperit tablets are used in well ventilated areas on a preheated iron up to the maximum temperature.
Effective way to eliminate fresh burn. For old stains will not work.
- To rub a warm surface with soap and to leave to a cold state. After removing the dirt with a damp cloth.
- Moisten a napkin in a soapy solution and iron it. The holes in the soles, contaminated by soot, clean with a wooden stick.
After cleaning with soap it is imperative to iron wet gauze so that there are no stains left.
Pencil for cleaning iron
When buying, pay attention to which surface the pencil is designed for. Pencils or crayons are sold for any type of sole.
Instruction:warm the device to the temperature indicated on the pencil. Then clean the dirt and wipe with a cotton cloth.
During cleaning, do not press hard on the pencil, otherwise it will crumble and fall into the holes of the device.
Features of cleaning the sole of Teflon, ceramics, steel
Teflon has non-stick properties, so cleaning this coating is easier than others.
- The method is effective if applied immediately, as soon as the fibers melted or a plaque formed. To remove burnt fabric from the iron, wet a piece of cotton fabric and apply to the place of soot. Due to the temperature difference, the burner will begin to flake off.
- Sold a special device for removing carbon deposits - Teflon scraper. If not, an ordinary wooden spade will do. First, heat the device to the maximum temperature, then carefully, without allowing the blade to heat up, remove the burnt fabric.
- Ammonia is used to clean the iron in pure form or in proportion with vinegar 50/50. Use only in well ventilated areas. A cotton disc or thick cotton cloth is suitable for application to a dirty surface. Before use, warm up the iron to a warm state, when it can be touched by hand.
Cleaning the iron with a special pencil after each use will prevent deposits. Manufacturers recommend wiping the surface with a dry cotton cloth.
Ceramic surface is brittle. Long-term use of an iron with such a sole leads to the formation of microcracks in the material, so it is possible that tissue burns. For protection, take care of your appliance and avoid bumps and scratches.
Tools for cleaning glass ceramics or microwave ovens are also suitable for cleaning iron.Instruction:moisten the dishwashing sponge with the product, rub the sole, pour the liquid on the bag and put a cold appliance on it. After 30 minutes, wipe off the residue with a sponge so that the chemistry does not get into the holes of the iron.
After cleaning with liquid products, be sure to let the device dry and do not turn it on for 2 hours.
For cleaning stainless steel, coarser methods of action are suitable than for ceramics or Teflon.
A matchbox will help remove carbon from the surface of the iron.Instruction:Preheat the device, then clean the pollution with a sulfur strip. The main thing is not to overdo it and not to scratch the metal.
After applying this method, wipe the sole with a soft cloth to remove excess sulfur.If dirt gets into the holes, remove it with cotton buds.
Manufacturers do not recommend using sponge with a metallic coating, coarse brushes, chemical compounds with abrasives.
- After each use, drain the remaining water from the steamer tank to prevent the formation of scale.
- Carefully choose the temperature regime for each type of fabric, and do not forget to turn off the iron after use.
Clean the iron from the burned fabric will succeed if properly identify the material of the sole. For maximum effect, use several cleaning methods alternately.
Fitness blogger shared the secrets of ideal shots in Instagram
When the look stopped, the color of the coverlet was determined
Paper Heart Application
How to get rid of the habit of being late
Homemade pizza: cooking a real masterpiece
How to choose a broker
Useful properties of small olives