Father's Day Baseball Theme Cupcakes, Fondant Baseball Decorations
How to Decorate Baseball‐Themed Cupcakes
Amount depends on how many you'll be making
Prepare the icing bags.
- Take the larger part of the coupler and insert it in the bag. Make a slit right at the end of the semi-circle on the side. Remove the coupler and use the slit as a marker to cut off the end of the bag. Reinsert the coupler and push the non-ridged part of it out of the hole.
- Take the tip and place it on the smooth part of the coupler that you have pushed out. Take the other part of the coupler and insert it over the tip. Screw it on to the other piece over the bag.
Color the frosting.Add a few drops of green food coloring in one container of frosting and a few drops of red food coloring to another. Stir the frosting and add more dye until you have reached the desired shades of red and green.
Fill the bags with frosting. Take the grass tip bag (#223) and put it inside a tall glass or mug. Pull the sides of the bag over the sides of the glass. Fill the bag 1/2 of the way with frosting. Repeat these steps with the other bags. The white frosting should go with the #10 tip and the red frosting should go with the #3 tip.
- Make sure you know how to grip the bag correctly. To hold the bag, place your dominant hand on the back of it with the excess bag wrapped around your fingers. Use your non-dominant hand to steady the bag.
Ice the cookies.Hold a cookie in one hand and the white frosting bag in the other. Hold the frosting bag a ¼ inch over the center of the cookie and apply light pressure. Once the frosting starts to come out, move the bag in a spiral motion until the cookie is covered. Release pressure and put down the bag. The frosting won't look perfect but that's okay - put the cookies in the fridge and you can fix them later.
Ice the cupcakes.Do the same thing you did on the cookies to the cupcakes, but with the green frosting bag. Apply a small bit of pressure, making sure the frosting has stuck to the surface, then quickly pull the bag upwards and release pressure. Start from the center and work your way outwards until the cupcake has been covered in "grass".
- Practice piping grass. As a novice, this is important, especially if you have a limited number of cupcakes. Take a dish or paper towel and the green frosting bag. Practice creating grass by applying a small bit of pressure, making sure the frosting has stuck to the surface, then quickly pull the bag upwards and release pressure.
Fix up the baseball toppers. Take the iced cookies out the refrigerator. By now the white frosting should have stiffened. Take a spoon and run the back of it under hot water. Then use it to gently smooth over the frosting.
Pipe the lace.Take the red icing bag and a cookie. Apply steady pressure and pipe two red semi-circles across the cookie. Make more small lines crossing over the semi-circles for the stitches. You may also want to practice this beforehand.
Place the cookies on the cupcakes.Place them in the center of the decorated cupcakes. You can put it on vertically or just flat on top of the green frosting.
Clean up and enjoy!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Cut off the bottom of the icing bags to make it easier to remove the tips. After the tips have been removed, place them in a bowl of hot water while you clean up. By then, they will be much easier to wash.
Video: How to Make a Pull-Apart Cupcake Cake : Cake Recipes
What Does Dating Mean
Drew Barrymore Medium Straight Haircuts
5 Style Tips for Women Who Arent in Their 20s Anymore
Don’t dine at your desk
The importance of good communication in healthcare
RunPhones Headband Earphones Review
Best Dressed Celebrity Men Of The Week
The most popular name in Britain is not what you think it is
How to Live on One Income
Goldtone Mesh Round Bracelet Watch - Women
How to Use a Telescope
5 Buns That Are Perfect to Wear This HolidaySeason
Cuddle chemical pill could stop postnatal depression
Date: 06.12.2018, 20:40 / Views: 91163