How to equip a dry stream in the garden, what are its advantages
The advantages of a dry stream on the site
• With the help of a dry stream, you can successfully beat any uncomfortable or ugly part of the landscape, turning its disadvantages into advantages. Instead of leveling it all up to create the perfect lawn, you can simply decorate it successfully, getting an equally effective result.
• A dry bed can play the role of a drainage trench in areas prone to flooding.
• Creating a dry creek with your own hands will require much less financial and labor costs than organizing a full-fledged creek or pond. After all, you will not need to spend forces and funds on earthworks, waterproofing, purchase and installation of pumping and cleaning equipment.
• The undoubted advantage of a dry stream - ease of care. It does not require replacement of water, its filtration, control over acid-base balance, fight against overgrowing of a reservoir and foaming of water, etc.
• Making a dry creek by plants involves choosing not only moisture-loving species.When landing, you focus only on the degree of illumination of the site, and in fact its choice also depends on you. You want - you can make a shady pond with ferns, or - a murmuring field trickle with poppies and cornflowers on the shore, or - a mountain stream among boulders covered with moss. Options - a great many.
How to equip a dry stream with your own hands: the main stages
• At the preparatory stage it is necessary to decide on the main idea, place and shape of the reservoir, outline its contours. In the stretched area, the pond will look good, expanding the space, and for a square space, a stream will suit well, giving it depth.
• When setting up a dry stream in a country house, it is necessary to remember to imitate its source and mouth. For example, a small depression with real water, located on an elevation and lined with stones around the perimeter, can represent the source. The expansion of the channel to the thickets of large-leaved plants or the fence implies a flow into another “reservoir”.
• Water in a dry pond is usually replaced by crushed stone, colored (blue, blue-green or blue) pebbles or gravel. A more original solution could be filling it with glass blue granules or planting flowers of blue or bright blue color within the bed,for example bell Poskharsky. The boundaries of the shores are outlined with the help of stones of different sizes.
• Preparation of the surface for a dry stream is quite simple: it is necessary to remove the sod from the cut area to a depth of 10-15 cm, then fill up and compact about 5 cm of sand, lay a film or geotextiles on top that prevent weed germination. You can decorate the finished channel with rubble or pebbles, large stones and plants, you can add architectural elements like a bridge or a sculpture.
Everything, your reservoir is ready!
What to see at the Golden Mask Festival 2016
Getting rid of the double chin
Curd dessert with berries
The most romantic star couples
The most unusual and strange diets
How to make a fruitcake