How to whiten organza tulle and nylon at home
There are many options for window design, but white tulle is still the favorite of many housewives. It refreshes the interior, filling the blinding whiteness. Over time, the product fades, acquiring a yellowish or gray tint. The question arises, how to whiten tulle at home quickly?
Even washing does not always help make the tulle lighter. This is the merit of street dust, sunlight, cigarette smoke and kitchen fire. Only one way out - bleaching. This can be done in dry cleaning or independently at home.
Since the first option is more costly, the article will look at ways to whiten organza tulips and nylon material through folk methods and purchased chemistry. I will begin the story with useful recommendations regarding bleaching.
- So that when soaking in the material of which the tulle is made, dirt and dust are not absorbed, the product is first taken out onto the street and shaken well.
- In the case of heavy pollution, the curtains are soaked until the morning in water heated to 35 degrees with the addition of powder.
- Before bleaching tulle washed. When machine washable fold in a small rectangle, dipped in a pillowcase or a special bag, activate the delicate mode.
- To make the product shine and shine in the sun, vinegar is added to the water at the rate of one dessert spoon per liter of liquid.
- After bleaching, the tulle is not twisted, squeezed and ironed. As soon as the liquid is drained, the wet product is hung on the window. As a result, folds are smoothed under their own weight. If ironing is not enough, the minimum temperature is used. Higher temperature conditions are fraught with the appearance of yellowness, which is not amenable to bleaching.
Below we consider homemade recipes for the use of available tools. They will help to make tulle flowing, shining and snow-white. With minimal effort at home, the windows will become beautiful and fill the house with comfort.
The fastest way to bleach
Many housewives who decide to whiten tulle quickly, want to get the best result with minimal time, effort and money. Such a method exists. Women used it in ancient times.It's about digestion.
Previously, using digestion, everything was bleached, be it bedding, clothes or curtains. For tulle fashion is also suitable. The procedure will require an enamelled bucket or stainless steel saucepan, water, a bar of laundry soap, laundry detergent, a little bleach and a wooden stick.Note that the method is suitable for bleaching linen products or cotton material.
- Fill the tank with water so that there is room for tulle. Add mashed soap, a bit of powder and bleach. If you put the pieces of soap, it will dissolve for a long time. Put the dishes on the stove and turn on high heat.
- After boiling the liquid put tulle in a container. Stir the contents of the pot periodically using a wooden stick. This simple technique will speed up the process of peeling off dirt and restoring color.
- The duration of digestion is determined by the degree of contamination. Usually two hours is enough. When the time is over, remove the tulle and put it in a container with cold water.
- After rinsing, hang the tulle over the tub to glass the water.A little later, hang a damp product on the cornice. It is not necessary to wring out, under the own weight the folds will be smoothed out.
I think you made sure that this grandfather's technique is simple and does not require large monetary investments. With its help, remove the yellowness in a few hours and make the tulle snow-white.
Effective method of bleaching in a washing machine
The shops sell a variety of specialized tools to help whiten tulle quickly. If you use a washing machine to fight against gray stains and yellowness, remember that chlorine-containing products are not suitable. Their use will lead to damage and curtains, and household appliances. Fortunately, safer products are sold, which are suitable for delicate and thin fabrics, fashionable clothes, carpet cleaning.
Oxygen-containing bleaches contain hydrogen peroxide and can easily cope with yellowness and greyness without affecting the washing machine and fabric structure. The composition of optical brighteners include luminescent molecules, which under the influence of light create the effect of whiteness. They are also suitable for machine bleaching. What if there are no such funds? There is an exit.
- To bleach the tulle in the washing machine, add some ammonia to the compartment with the detergent. A few drops is enough.
- If there is no liquid ammonia, use hydrogen peroxide in the form of tablets. Depending on the degree of contamination, put 5-10 pieces in the compartment.
- Activate the delicate wash mode and set the timer to half an hour. Spin does not use.
This method is ineffective in the fight against stubborn stains, but to cope with the yellowness will help. And if you do not want to fight yellow, do not allow heavy contamination. To do this, wash the tulle once a season. It's enough.
How to whiten tulle folk remedies
Over time, snow-white tulle acquires a grayish-yellow tint under the influence of various factors. Impatient housewives, seeking to quickly rectify the situation, think about buying a new tulle curtain. To resort to a quick purchase is optional.
To return the original whiteness without large financial costs is real. Handy folk remedies will help, which at a low cost and minimal effort provide an excellent result.
- Hydrogen peroxide and ammonia. To bleach the tulle, connect two parts of a 3 per cent peroxide solution with one part of the ammonia. The resulting composition is dissolved in five liters of heated water. Soak for half an hour, after rinsing and without pressing, send to dry.
- . The food product is used for pre-soaking curtains. In a bowl with five liters of water, add powder and a spoon of soda. Stir to dissolve the mixture, soak the tulle. After 20 minutes, wash the machine in a delicate mode.
- . It copes with pollution and does not cause allergies. Pour 10 liters of water into the basin, add 3 tablespoons of salt and half a cup of detergent. Soak in solution for 3 hours. In case of heavy soiling, keep the tulle in the solution overnight. Wash and rinse several times.
- Laundry soap. A bar of household soap is passed through a large grater and poured into a basin of water. Place the container on the stove and wait for the mixture to boil. Pour some clear water into the cooled soap solution and soak the tulle. In the morning wash and rinse.
- Zelenka. At first glance, whitening of tulle and brilliant green are incomparable things.But this pharmacy tool provides excellent results. Ten drops of greens mixed with 200 ml of water. To enhance the effect, add a couple of tablespoons of salt to the liquid. Stir the composition until complete dissolution of the precipitate. Pour the resulting concentrate into a bowl of water, stir and soak the tulle for 5 minutes. Then take out and without spin hang to dry.
- Sour milk. After washing, soak the tulle in sour milk for 24 hours. Then rinse and dry in the sun. Use only natural sour milk. Skimmed kefir or sour milk is not suitable. Conditioner for linen will help to eliminate sourish smell after bleaching.
- Starch. In a bowl of warm water, add a glass of starch. In the resulting composition for a few minutes soak washed curtains, then rinse. Thanks to this tool, the yellowness will disappear, and the fabric will keep its shape. In addition, particles of starch attract dust, which will facilitate further washing.
- Маргацовка. Means is suitable for kapron products. In a container with hot water, add a little potassium permanganate to make the liquid turn pink. Pour a glass of powder.Lower the pre-washed tulle into the liquid until it cools down. Will remain rinsed and dried.
- Lemon acid.Treat the tulle from nylon with household soap and soak in hot water. If heavily soiled, add hydrogen peroxide at the rate of 1 spoon per 2.5 liters of water. After half an hour, rinse in warm water, after adding a bag of citric acid.
- Aspirin.To eliminate gray and yellow, dissolve 4 aspirin tablets in 5 liters of preheated water. Soak the tulle in the solution for 3 hours, then wash, rinse and dry. Do not use effervescent aspirin, as the vitamin supplements that are included in the composition will aggravate the situation.
Video experience whitening green paint
All of the listed bleach has one advantage - they do not cause an allergic reaction. On the purchase of this chemistry can not be said. So feel free to use folk recipes for whitening tulle.
How to whiten tulle from the dullness and yellowness of purchased chemicals
We considered non-traditional and traditional methods of bleaching at home. They are effective and deserve attention. But many housewives prefer household chemicals, which are sold in stock. This is a bleach and stain remover. We will talk about them.
The use of bleach is considered a classic method of struggle for the white tulle curtains. Consider this category on the example of the popular tool "Whiteness". It's simple. Warm water is poured into the basin, several caps of the purchased product are added, the tulle is stirred and soaked. An hour later, the product is pulled out, rinsed and dried. Quickly and effectively, if not a few but.
- Bleaches destroy the structure of the fabric, which speeds up the process of converting tulle into a leaky rag.
- Such purchased products are not suitable for all fabrics. Improper use is fraught with the emergence of new yellow spots.
- The application increases the likelihood that in the future we will not be able to do without “Whiteness”, since even the fight against simple pollution will become problematic.
Commercial bleaches have advantages. If you have good financial capabilities, feel free to use. Those hostesses who seek to save money, I advise you to look at the people's means.
Products that represent this category are distinguished from bleach by purpose.Additionally, they have a pleasant aroma that solves the problem with rinsing.
To bleach the tulle, pour warm water into a large bowl, add a stain remover according to the instructions, mix and lower the curtains into the solution. After a few hours, remove, rinse and dry.
Features of bleaching of tulle from different materials
Yellowed curtains look unattractive. Therefore, the hostess seek to correct the situation more quickly and use folk remedies or purchased chemicals. These tools help to return to the "window dressing" a dazzling white shade. But sometimes the situation worsens. What is the reason?
Today, manufacturers produce tulle from various materials, each of which requires a certain washing technique. Therefore, the result depends largely on the correctness of the choice of means.
In the case of nylon appropriate gentle whitening. Chemistry is allowed if it is indicated on the product label. As for folk methods, those that work in cool water are suitable. We are talking about Zelenka, potassium permanganate, saline and starch.
Items made of organza are more capricious than those made of capron. They do not make friends with hot water and do not tolerate sticking dust. Often the fabric is stained. Improper washing or bleaching leads to molting. For cleaning use water up to 40 degrees, brine, brilliant green or ammonia with hydrogen peroxide.
Factory products have no place in the whitening of the veil. To restore the pristine whiteness of this delicate material, it is recommended to use warm water, ammonia or starch.
Commercial bleach helps to bring out the "hard" stains, but these products, thanks to chemical additives, accelerate the aging of fabrics. Knowledgeable people advise using warm water and ammonia. This remedy is safe for natural fabrics.
Fabric with jacquard weaving loves gentle washing in lukewarm water using neutral washing powder. The use of chemicals is unacceptable. When hand washing is allowed to use soap without active dyes. It is better to forget about bleaching completely. It will destroy the product.
There are materials for which whitening purchased chemistry is not suitable. But not always popular methods are safe. The reaction of the same fabric to different means is different.Before bleaching, be sure to read the recommendations indicated by the manufacturer of tulle on the label.
Many hostesses in the bleaching of tulle make one common mistake - they process dirty material. As a result, the dust penetrates deep into the fabric structure and stains in gray. Before the procedure, be sure to soak the product in a soap solution and wash it.
Do not use chlorine-containing substances, including the well-known Whiteness. Under the influence of the main active components of the fabric structure is destroyed, which is fraught with damage to the product.
During operation, the attractiveness of tulle is reduced, to prevent this is problematic. Correct the situation helps only the right care, tools, providing a whitening effect and traditional methods. Use their benefits, because whitening at home is less expensive than replacing curtains.
How to keep a good relationship
All about persimmon - how to choose useful properties
Landing pions in late August and early September
How to get rid of nightmares
100 edition. Habitat - An Eye for an Eye watch online
A tiny doll house on a tree