Rice as a garnish as a delicacy
Rice is an ancient cereal crop that has many advantages. To date, rice is the basis of the diet for three-quarters of the world's population. There is no doubt about its benefits: in addition to the fact that this product is rich in trace elements and minerals, it removes harmful substances and salt from the body and has a cooling effect on the body. Despite the fact that this cereal can be called a light food, its nutritional value cannot be underestimated: rice protein is absorbed by the body by 60%, and in combination with legumes, dairy products and nuts, protein digestibility increases to 85%. But despite this, not every landlady knows how to cook tasty rice on a garnish.
The basis of the basics.
Delicious rice for garnish is not difficult, of course, if you choose the right kind of cereal. Varieties with long grains make the dish crumbly. If you follow the tips below, you will learn how to cook delicious rice on a side dish without the hassle.
How to cook rice for garnish.
- First of all, the croup should be sorted or at least viewed, pouring the required amount on a flat surface.
- Approximate portion per person - 60 g. (One third cup).
- If it is important for you to cook rice for a side dish correctly, remember: wash the grains to a clear water. This does not apply if you are cooking risotto or paella.
- To reduce cooking time and simplify the process, rice can be left in water for 20-30 minutes. After that, fold the grits into a colander and let the water drain for 10 minutes. Such manipulations will make rice poppy and crumbly.
- Best if rice is steamed. Choose a container with a thick bottom, the heat in it is distributed evenly and the grains do not stick to the bottom and do not burn. Make sure the lid is tightly closed. You can resort to the trick - pre-cover the pan with food foil, and already top cover with a lid. Bring the water to a boil and keep the temperature at a minimum of about 10 minutes.
- Proportions for cooking steamed rice: one part cereal and 1 part water. If rice is soaked beforehand, then even less water will be needed.For 2 cups of cereals (350 g), add 2 teaspoons of salt.
- You should not stir the rice, while cooking the grain, they are lined up in a certain structure through which the steam passes, so you can break it and stir the grain unevenly. You can learn about readiness by crushing a grain with your fingers, the middle should be soft.
The secret is how to cook delicious rice for garnish
You will get a completely unforgettable taste and aroma, if you add 1 tsp before cooking. black mustard seeds or cumin (zira), a small pod of chili pepper or a slice of ginger.
As you can see, preparing rice for a garnish is delicious - it's not difficult at all.
Add color and sophistication
Now that you know how to cook delicious rice as a side dish, let's talk about serving it beautifully.
Open the pan when the dish is ready and leave for another 2 minutes on the fire. Remove the rice layers, fluffing with a fork. If you want to make the garnish bright and useful, add a teaspoon of turmeric dissolved in a tablespoon of melted butter to the garnish - you will get a rich yellow dish. You can also complement the dish with shavings of lime peel, raisins, nuts, lemon slices or vegetables, chopped herbs, spinach leaves, coconut shavings, all kinds of sauces.A little ingenuity - and the usual food can be a delicacy.
100 reasons why I love you
IPhone6legs: another dangerous flash mob from China
How can repellents help us
A lamp, a vase and 5 more items from old slippers
Stuffed pasta - an excellent dish for the whole family
Winter hand-made articles: a voluminous postcard
How can I get my husband back to you