Tips for cooking delicious smoked mackerel
Smoked mackerel is very tasty. But is it necessary to buy it in stores, or can you try to make such an appetizing dish yourself?
Benefit and harm
You should start with useful properties. In general, fish certainly need to be included in the diet, because it contains a lot of different nutrients: phosphorus, fluorine, zinc, sodium, manganese, sulfur, potassium, unsaturated fatty acids, vitamins PP, A, E and group B.
Mackerel is useful for the brain, cardiovascular system, central nervous system and, in general, the whole organism. It improves brain activity, stimulates protein synthesis, normalizes metabolic processes, protects tissues from premature aging and damage.
By the way, the caloric value of 100 grams of a product is only 220-230 calories, which is not at all a lot.
Now about the harm
Like any smoked fish, mackerel contains many carcinogenic substances that can damage tissues and provoke the degeneration of healthy cells, causing cancer.
In addition, if smoked improperly (and it’s not easy to follow all the rules), a part of the pathogenic microorganisms may remain, causing serious poisoning. So to use smoked mackerel too often is not recommended.
How do the professionals prepare?
In general, smoking is a smoke treatment. In total there are two ways: hot smoking and cold. In the first case, the fish is treated with hot smoke. Thus, the fillet is subjected to heat treatment, as a result of which all bacteria die.
That is why this method is considered more secure and correct. With cold smoking treatment is carried out by so-called cold smoke, that is, there is no thermal effect, in fact, no. But the fish is well salted, and the ambassador, as you know, also contributes to the destruction of pathogenic microorganisms (if it is done correctly).
How to cook at home?
So, is it possible to cook such a dish as smoked mackerel at home? Yes, and in several ways.
You can cook mackerel in liquid smoke - a special liquid that gives the fish a flavor and smack of smoked.
You will need:
- 5 carcasses of mackerel;
- 100 ml of liquid smoke;
- 4 tablespoons of salt (with a slide);
- 1 tablespoon of sugar;
- 1 liter of water.
- First, prepare the mackerel. To do this, you need to rip open her abdomen and remove all the insides. Head and tail do not need to be removed.
- Now proceed to the preparation of brine. Pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Dissolve sugar and salt in it and turn off the fire in a minute. Now add liquid smoke, mix everything well.
- Immerse the mackerel in the ready brine, put the press on top. Leave the fish salted and smoked for 2-3 days.
- Then remove the carcasses, rinse them in running water, cut into portions and serve to the table.
Using this recipe, you can cook mackerel almost like in a store. But remember that liquid smoke is pretty harmful.
This method is more complicated, but only natural products are used.
List of ingredients:
- two rather large mackerel;
- two large handfuls of onion peel;
- two glasses of water;
- 2 teaspoons of black tea (or two bags);
- three tablespoons of salt;
- tablespoon of sugar;
- three bay leaves;
- 10 peas allspice;
- half a teaspoon ground coriander seeds.
- First you need to prepare the marinade. To do this, pour one and a half cups of water into the pan, put the onion peel in the same place. Bring to the boil and cook for about 20 minutes, then leave for about 15 minutes. Strain the broth.
- Boil the rest of the water and put the tea in it. Insist on it for 10 minutes, strain it well.
- Mix tea leaves with onion peel decoction, add bay leaf, pepper, coriander, salt and sugar. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Now prepare the mackerel. The head can be cut off, but this is not necessary. Gut every carcass and wash it under the tap.
- Pour the marinade in a shallow container, put mackerel in it, place a load on top (you can put a regular plate) so that the carcasses do not float.
- Store the container in a cool place for two or three days. In order to brew the onion peel and decorate the fish evenly in a beautiful golden color, periodically turn over the carcass.
- Delicious smoked mackerel is ready!
This recipe will help prepare a delicious hot smoked mackerel. Here is what you need:
- two fairly large mackerel carcasses;
- liter of water;
- three tablespoons of salt;
- 1.5 tablespoons of sugar;
- 10 peas allspice;
- 3 bay leaves;
- 2 tablespoons of black leaf tea;
- 150 grams of rice.
Description of preparation:
- Approximately 12 hours before smoking you need to fill the rice with water so that it only slightly covers it. Leave the mixture overnight to allow the rice to completely absorb all the liquid. Next, just mix the rice with one tablespoon of tea. Wrap the entire mixture in foil, leaving a hole (it will be needed to get the smoke out).
- Cook the marinade. To do this, boil water, add salt, sugar, pepper and bay leaf. Bake it all together for another minute, then turn off the fire.
- Gut and rinse well in the flowing water mackerel, then immerse it in the marinade, press it down and take it to the refrigerator or cool place for a day.
- Remove the mackerel and proceed to the hot smoked stage. Take a frying pan, cover its bottom with several layers of foil (you can additionally lubricate it with oil), put rice with tea wrapped in foil so that the hole is at the top. Heat the mixture until light smoke begins to flow.
- Put the grate in the pan, put the mackerel on it.Cover the pan with a lid.
- Save fish on each side for twenty minutes. Cool the prepared mackerel and serve.
Mother's Day Rose Paper
Liv Tyler touchingly congratulated his father on his 70th birthday
C Day of grandparents - congratulations in prose and poetry, funny postcards and pictures with poems from granddaughter, grandson and relatives on the Day of Grandma and Grandpa
Insects Pictures for Kids
How to survive parting with your loved one
How to clean the iron from the burnt fabric
Men, women, gold, swiss
Halloween at school - how to spend a holiday for high school students. How to celebrate Halloween day - ideas of scenarios and costumes