EASY Roast Turkey & Gravy Recipe (FOOLPROOF & JUICY!)
Traditional Roast Turkey and Pan Gravy
fresh or frozen (thawed) turkey
bunch Fresh parsley
bunch fresh sage
bunch fresh thyme
1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Remove neck from inside turkey; reserve for making pan gravy. Discard giblets and liver or save for another use. Rinse turkey with cold running water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Place onion, celery, parsley, and 1/2 bunch each of sage and thyme (wrap and refrigerate remaining herbs to garnish platter) inside body and neck cavities of turkey. Fasten neck skin to back with 1 or 2 skewers. With turkey breast side up, fold wings under back of turkey so they stay in place. If drumsticks are not held by band of skin or stuffing clamp, tie legs together with string.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on small rack in large (17-inch by 11 1/2-inch) roasting pan. Rub turkey all over with salt and pepper. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of thigh next to body, being careful that pointed end of thermometer does not touch bone. Cover turkey with a loose tent of foil, letting top of thermometer poke through foil. Roast turkey about 3 3/4 hours; start checking for doneness during last hour of roasting.
- While turkey is roasting, prepare broth to use in Pan Gravy.
- To brown turkey, remove foil during last 1 1/4 hours of roasting time; baste with pan drippings occasionally if you like. Turkey is done when thigh temperature on meat thermometer reaches 175 degrees to 180 degrees F and breast temperature reaches 165 degrees F. (Internal temperature of turkey will rise 5 degrees to 10 degrees F upon standing.)
- When turkey is done, place on large platter; cover with foil to keep warm. Complete gravy.
- To serve, garnish platter with remaining herbs. Pass gravy to spoon over turkey. Remove skin from turkey before eating if you like.
Video: How to Make Gravy for Roast Turkey
How to Fight Trigeminal Neuralgia and Other Facial and Head Pain
Hepatitis A Adult Vaccine
Why These Models Were Asked To Do Their OWN Hair At New York Fashion Week
Orlando Shooter Omar Mateens Wife Reportedly Drove Him To Pulse Nightclub So He Could Scope It Out
3 Ways to Kill a Tree
14 Wow-Worthy Orgasm Facts
How to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes Without Plastic Surgery
Stop Throwing Away Money in 3 Easy Steps
7 Ways to Reset and Unwind This Weekend
8 Detox Smoothie Recipes for a Fast Weight Loss Cleanse
10 Fabulous Short Layered Haircuts You Should Try Today
Date: 09.12.2018, 18:50 / Views: 42194