What are the types of gymnastics?
Gymnastics is not a particular sport, but rather a collective concept. There are a lot of its types, and each of them should be told in more detail.
The main classification of types of gymnastics involves the allocation of three large groups: recreational gymnastics, sports and applied. About each individual form should be told in more detail.
The main types of recreational gymnastics:
- The main (general). The main goal of such gymnastics is the development of a person’s motor activity. Such development may involve the development of some new skills, increased activity in order to master more complex actions. This type is used in most educational institutions as one of the disciplines included in the program. The main exercises performed are walking, running, jumping, overcoming obstacles, carrying goods, crawling, and so on. Often used accessories and projectiles, for example, skipping rope, rings, crossbeams, bars, small dumbbells and so on.Basic gymnastics will help to tighten the body, increase coordination and normalize the body.
- Hygienic. This species is aimed at improving the mood and well-being of a person, maintaining health, preventing diseases and improving the overall tone. That is, training the body and increasing activity are not the main objectives. As a rule, the simplest exercises are performed without the use of additional devices. Such classes are held in sanatorium or resort facilities.
- Athletic. Such gymnastics is often called power, as it is aimed at increasing muscle mass and giving muscles relief, increasing body endurance and strengthening strength. All exercises are performed using dumbbell, weights, sports equipment. It is usually supposed to repeat several actions, since such training allows you to work out the muscles. This type is recommended more young people to improve and maintain shape. Classes require the supervision of a physician, as the load is intense.
- Rhythmic. Such gymnastics is somewhat similar to hygienic and general,but it differs from them in that all the exercises are rhythmic and performed to the music (it is she who sets the basic beat), and also includes elements of choreography. This kind of gymnastics can include such modern trends as shaping, aerobics, dance gymnastics.
The main types of gymnastics:
- Rhythmic gymnastics is considered a feminine form, as it involves a certain entertainment and aesthetics. Exercises are most often performed to music and include such elements as twine, various jumps, coups and so on. Some movements are borrowed from choreography. When performing, additional devices can be used: balls, hoops, ribbons, skipping ropes, scarves and so on.
- Sports acrobatics includes very complex elements, all exercises require long training, high coordination of movements and maximum exposure. The main elements are: various stands, dips with leaps in the air, rolling, somersaults, flips, “bridges”, splits, and so on. Exercises can be performed together or three.
- Athletics. It combines and includes such disciplines as running, walking, running, jumping, throwing, cross-country crosses, all-around, and so on.Exercises are quite difficult, but are not strength.
- Weightlifting involves the exercise of weighting and the use of heavy projectiles, such as barbells, weights, dumbbells. This type includes such elements as lifting barbells from different positions and in different ways, holding and throwing weights, and so on. Although this type is considered predominantly masculine, women are engaged in weightlifting.
Applied gymnastics includes the following types:
- Physiotherapy. It is aimed at eliminating diseases or alleviating the condition of patients. Therapeutic exercises can be prescribed for diseases of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems, the musculoskeletal system. Classes should be appointed by the attending physician and conducted strictly under his supervision, only in this case they will be effective.
- Military applied gymnastics should contribute to the formation, consolidation and improvement of skills inherent in military operations. This type is used in the army.
- Sports and applied. This type is aimed, first of all, at training professional athletes for competitions, achieving the best results and improving their skills.
- Professionally applied gymnastics is used to develop new or improve existing skills of people whose professional activity is associated with certain physical loads and involves the implementation of complex actions. This type allows you to increase productivity and avoid industrial injuries. Professional-applied gymnastics has several varieties, designed for different professions, for example, for cosmonauts, pilots, firemen, sailors.
Natural condensed milk at home
Pros and cons of cosmetics from apples
Pros and cons of the sea cruise
DIY Christmas Mosaic
How to make a Christmas wreath